Friday, March 4, 2011

not new info....

This is not new information, but I like how it's formatted and organized-it's kind of helpful, especially since one of the weight examples is very close to my own weight. Calories burned in 30 minutes......

When my big project at work is over (March 10), and the wave of illnesses leave my house (when????), I will compile some articles on recent studies on the effects of exercise that I've been reading lately and post them here - as well as some nutrition articles. But the bottom line I'm gathering is this - exercise is important, especially exercise at a high intensity - and moving often, not becoming completely sedentary in the day or evening is also important, although just how much movement and for how often is not known yet. The list above shows just how few calories are burned by say, sitting at a desk. The studies don't all look at weight loss, many look at health outcomes instead. I may ask for help from an epidemiologist friend at work to make sure I'm conveying accurate information. Not all studies are created equal and my professional epi buddies help me sort that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment