Friday, August 21, 2009

Exercise alternatives

Since it's incredibly humid and I'm alone with the kids I've been working out indoors a lot.
I have tried a lot of the free exercisetv downloads on demand (If you have Comcast go to On Demand> Sports and Fitness> exercisetv> then either "Hardcore" "Biggest Loser" or "Jillian Michaels". So far I like Marco Reed, and the Biggest Loser workouts the best (Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels) - as well of course as Jackie, but she's not available this month. Exercisetv has a lot of free workouts but they rotate, so if there is one you really like you're supposed to go to the website and download them for a small fee. That's not a bad idea, especially if you have a laptop as you can take the laptop to whatever room you have space in and do the workout there. It's also a great idea if you don't have cable! I really prefer the shorter free-weight/cardio combos as opposed to the longer cardio workouts. I'm not sure which work better, but somehow I find it hard to motivate to really jump around in a small space, and anyway it makes everything in my mom's house shake. So Jackie-style power circuit training it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment