Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One less point

About 6 weeks into this diet I made a decision. I saw that I was going to lose a point when I turned 38 in the summer, and that I would lose a point when I got down into the 160s in weight. Anticipating this seemed a little like anticipating a root canal so I decided to take the points off in advance, and just stay there. I couldn't possibly imagine going down to the 150s pounds so I decided 21 was where I'd plan on staying. (I don't usually use my exercise points and try not to use many of my 35 floater points - maybe I use half on weekends.) However much weight I lost at 21 points was my goal. I decided I could live at this rate for ever more, and just add in a few more special treats at social events when I got to "maintenance."

My general point breakdown at 21 points was as follows:
6 point breakfast
6 point lunch
2 point afternoon snack
6 point dinner
1 point random snacking/picking during day

Well 2 months later I did actually break another 10 pounds and theoretically need to go down another point. This is impossible! First of all, one point is well within the margin of error. I wouldn't even know. I decided to take it off of dinner - which puts me at a 5 point dinner! That's a snack practically. Last night I think I ate almost 8 points for dinner. I made 4 eggs with American cheese and was going to give half to Dave but then realized he went out for dinner, so I ate about 3 of them, plus most of the cheese embedded, so that was at least 7 points. I also had a few bites of Natasha's bagel, for another point. Horrible!

So now it needs to be as follows:
6 point breakfast
6 point lunch
2 point afternoon snack
5 point dinner
1 point random snacking/picking during day

Of course you are thinking - take off the "1 point random snacking/picking during day."
This is a good idea, but it usually occurs when  I'm making dinner and I just don't know how to do that. I'm starving at that time and also tasting the food to make sure it's ok. It seems easier to just eat less dinner depending on snacking level. 

So my point is, for the first time, I'm really reaching capacity. I don't think I can do this final drop in a point, and I'm not sure I really care! I do feel I need to up the ante on the exercise, especially weight lifting/toning type of things. People keep asking me my goal and I don't really have one any more. What I wonder most is at 20-20 points, when will I stop losing weight? I would guess within another few pounds...we'll see.   

No comments:

Post a Comment