Sunday, May 31, 2009

Find the nutritional data in your own recipes

Nutrition Data

Positives:
  1. You can break down the nutritional data of recipes you make yourself - kind of tedious but enter all the ingredients in and the number of serving sizes, and voila!
  2. It has some kind of neat and colorful charts.

Downsides:
  1. some simple foods were hard to find, like flax meal and even eggs took a fair amount of searching.
  2. it's kind of information overload - data on every enzyme, etc.I'm kind of a big believer in eating a variety of foods and hoping for the best nutrition-wise.

Here is a sample of my healthy chocolate chip cookies. BTW next time I would not try to have them appeal to the kids. I would add more sweet spices and forget the fatty chocolate chips and just make them for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment