Friday, March 12, 2010

New Jillian Yoga DVD review



So I don't like yoga, but I was really tired and not in the mood to work out this morning. I got up late and didn't want the kids whining about waiting for me to finish. And I was just tired. I decided to do a short onDemand bit. But I found this new Jillian yoga DVD when clicking through my onDemand options this morning.

I am not sure if I did level 1 or 2, but I think it was 2. I just looked up the reviews on Amazon and tend to agree with much of what I read. Much softer side of Jillian. Even her hair is softer (see image below). I think she had some facial work done - she looks less horsey. But that aside, she was less bombastic and egotistical. Her side-kicks have beautiful lean yoga bodies-and Jillian doesn't condescend to them. And I really liked the swanky new studio!

I liked the quick flow and added reps she puts in there. I still don't think yoga is right for me overall, but this was a nice change. I find I can't do the really hard poses, and there is no cardio to get the heart rate up so what happens is it's not hard enough for me. If I could do those chatteranga push-ups it would be hard, but I end up falling and not exerting myself. I like fast reps of things and will push myself with lots of movements like squats with overhead presses, but somehow I can't force myself to hold static poses. Anyway, I tailored the workout to my own personality...so I added in jumping jacks to the slow parts of the sun salutations, I added 5 lb weights to some of the warrior poses, and I added in some plain old cardio moves during the cool down. Jumping jacks are not very yoga-like I know, but I enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment