Friday, March 26, 2010

Sinuses!!!

I'm better now, but a virus that turned into both a sinus infection and bronchitis put me way out of whack for over a week.

I didn't even remember that I had a blog, let alone post.

But now that it's over I am reminded of a few things....

Being sick makes it hard to focus on things like eating well and exercising. When I started my diet I stated that when my kids were younger and I was getting sick many times a winter I never got in the swing of exercising and being healthy. While that is in the end just another excuse, it was a pretty good one!

Now I try and always exercise, even a little bit, when sick, if for no other reason than to feel like I'm not just a feeling-sorry-for-myself lump for two weeks. The last few years I tend to hold on to my illnesses for a really long time and that can easily become two weeks of dragging myself through the day. My ENT encouraged exercise too, and I think it does help break up the stuffed up sinuses. It's almost impossible to exercise with bronchitis-type symptoms...it's hard enough to breathe without being winded.

It is so easy to find quite valid excuses as to why it's too hard to eat well and exercise, but usually, there is a way to push past the excuses and get it done. It means prioritizing those goals above a lot of other stuff, which can get almost ridiculous (obsessive? yes, maybe). But in the end it does feel good to be in shape.

I'm also having fun with the new Blogger templates!

No comments:

Post a Comment