Thursday, January 28, 2010

If I were a baker...





I do warn against baking for people in serious dieting mode. Good cakes around the house are just REALLY hard to resist for most people. And sweet foods are high in calories, whether it's from organic sugar or agave syrup. I guess agave syrup is so sweet you don't use much of it - I don't totally get it. But anyway, I don't bake for 2 reasons:

1. I'm too lazy - baking always seems complicated to me
2. It's too tempting to have home baked goods in the house

However - for those of you who do bake - whole grain is better than not - so this book seems quite useful - lots of information about the history of grains, 300 recipes, all categories. And  it got really good reviews.

After reading the reviews I think I might like to have it as a reference source, even if I didn't use it all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment