Monday, January 25, 2010

Last Chance Workout





I shouldn't be this excited about a workout DVD -  especially one with "The Biggest Loser" in the title. But alas I am. I tried "The Biggest Loser - Last Chance Workout" from Netflix and I love it. It goes really fast and it's really hard. The contenstants are from season 8, which is the one I watched with Natasha. She came downstairs and said,

"There's Amanda!"
She really loves getting to know the contestants.
The DVD was obviously made quickly - there are mistakes, Jillian is in a more relaxed form. I like that better actually - seems more real. She messes up her script all the time, which makes her more endearing and less annoying than normal.
Here are the deets
-5 min warm-up - nice and long
-25 min main section - very fast-paced 30 second intervals switching between cardio and weights with repeating themes - like 3 kinds of jumping jacks interspersed with 3 kinds of push-ups
-10 min upper body weights (hard)
-10 min lower body weights (hard)
-5 min cool-down. I always skip this.

I fluctuate between 10, 5 and 6 lb weights. Can't do all the push-ups but I'm trying to force myself a little more.
$8 on Amazon. Hoping to pick 3 from Netflix and get free shipping.
Next up to try is Bob's Weight Loss Yoga - despite the fact that I don't like yoga I kind of want a change.  I just noticed that Jillian has her own Yoga DVD coming out in March as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment