Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ok, I know I'm a Pollan junkie


I know - I'm in the "groupie" category when it comes to Michael Pollan, and I don't have the new book yet, but I really liked this interview on On Point.

His main advice is to cook. He also suggests planting a garden. We have no sunny spot for that. Bummer. Perhaps the most disturbing segment is about "pink sludge" in fast food hamburgers. He also says it really doesn't matter what you eat as long as it was found in some traditional cuisine. I find that interesting as I kind of poured over IDOF trying to figure out exactly what to eat. Finally I gave up. He says to use meat as a flavoring, which you have to do if you buy the kind he advocates. It's so expensive! But ultimately, I believe he's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment