Friday, July 31, 2009

Elbow deep in brownies

I've been planning a retirement party for one of our most preeminent scientists for the last few weeks. It has been kind of stressful, as everyone wanted the party to reflect how much we admire and respect this man's work. He made some key discoveries in understanding the link between radiation and cancer. At any rate, the bottom line to all this is that I spent the day, pretty much literally elbow-deep in high-end gourmet brownies and cookies. Ask Jennifer. Just ridiculous. I did ok trying not to eat them for most of the day, but did have some. For some reason resisting has been harder - being surrounded by excellent food all day...those brownies really were worth it. Also we had so many choices and kinds of desserts and food. I did cave a bit...for months I really didn't even want the stuff, but today I was working to stop....and then I came home to the most excellent spaghetti and meatballs made by my fabulous chef sister-in-law. I ate 3 small ones and a right-sized portion of pasta but I easily could have eaten double. Oh well. I'm glad now that I didn't, as overeating does make me ill now...but one more meatball would have been awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment