Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 8 - first setback

The last 24 hours were depressing, starting with last night after I posted. First of all, after eating a sensible dinner I tried to go to sleep and found that I was starving. I mean pregnant level starving. I don't think I ate enough points for a couple days and it caught up with me. I couldn't sleep and couldn't think. I really don't like eating at night, diet or not, as it usually gives me a stomach ache. At any rate, just like a pregnant woman, I went downstairs and scarfed down chicken out of the fridge. I didn't eat too much, but I was so pissed off at my inability to discern real hunger from the kind of hunger that goes away with a little distraction. I seem to eat too much or too little. Where is my inner Little Red Ridinghood?? Anyway, I went to sleep and woke up equally starving. I had a small breakfast or snack and got dressed to leave for an all day meeting. While getting dressed, I tried on some clothes and some of the clothes I couldn't even button last week I could now button but they are still tight. Where is my instant gratification!!! These are pants mind you, that I could wear happily over the summer.

I spent the day sitting in a packed conference room with a table of goodies taunting me from the back of the room. For the first half of the day I was still really agitated-hungry. So I basically ate all morning. I didn't care that much as I know WW gives some floater points and I hadn't used any this week yet. I was actually more annoyed at how my pants got more and more uncomfortable during the day. Sigh. So after a week basically no change. I think I need to up the exercise.

At least I passed some time in the meeting by keeping my food log!

food log - very long

breakfast at home
coffee with milk
low fat bran muffin

breakfast at meeting
2 mini power nuggets - mush of lots of seeds, fruit, other high-calorie items, extremely tiny though, like 1/2 inch square
1/2 bagel with cream cheese
1/2 cup fruit
1/2 cup 7 layer dip with 3 tortilla scoops (really ridiculous)

lunch
delicious home made arrugula salad with
1/2 cup chicken
1/4 cup hummus
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs pomegranate vinegar
1/4 bagel

snack
no-fat unsweetened Greek yogurt with 10 blueberries
tiniest smidge of some crazy graham cracker melted chocolate peanut butter frosted insanity.
(I wanted to tasted this for hours and really one bite satisfied my curiosity. Delicious but too rich and sweet)

dinner
2 mini whole wheat pizzas, about the 4" diameter
about 3 tbs shredded cheese (100 cal), lots of veggies, drizzle olive oil
crust only 120 cal

snack
apple

2 comments:

  1. Jenna - your blog is inspiring. I will try to read it in lieu of late-night snacking, which is one of my challenges. I wish I had a WW meeting buddy, who could attend a meeting at a time/place that works for me, i.e. during school hours. I'm a lifetime member. It worked for me once, and I'm a lifetime member, but I really need a buddy to do it with. Funny that Dave is in such good shape - Ben's the same way. He's more fit now than ever, swims a lot and eats super=healthy, able to resist temptation. He is supportive and loves me as I am, etc., but I don't love me as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indy, I'm so happy you're reading this! If you want we can be virtual WW buddies. I think having to post a food log to a blog requires accountability. We could try it! Funny how we're so totally on the same path. Goddam skinny husbands!! Do you think I should post this on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete