Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

Ah snow days. So fun for kids and so tortuous for adults. Actually, this one isn't so bad so far - the kids are actually entertaining themselves. Thank God for my iphone game apps. The problem is that we don't really have enough snow for sledding, although maybe by the afternoon that will change. All I keep coming up with for ideas for things to do seems to be cooking. I really want to make that Alton Brown pretzel recipe. I wonder if I can substitute whole wheat for part of the flour. It seems like a project that would take up a lot of the day. But I can't imagine not eating several of them. I'd have to bring some over to my neighbors. One of my friends said that for "foodies like us it pretty much sucks all of the time." I haven't found that to be totally true yet, but that's only because I haven't been around too much good food lately. But as soon as I'm at a restaurant or other place with really good choices it does start to feel that way. But whatever, people certainly have much tougher problems than wanting to eat pretzels. 

Food log (fyi these are always from the day before)

breakfast
coffee and milk
cottage cheese and banana

lunch
3oz salmon
1/3 cup 7 layer dip (this poor choice was due to not being able to look at my reheated leftovers anymore, and coincidentally someone bringing this into the office. I threw most of my lunch from home away.)

dinner
multigrain lasagna, frozen from TJs with extra broccoli - one advantage to store bought food is that it is easy to determine how big of a portion to eat to attain a certain amount of points. I ate enough to be full, and then slightly hungry at 9pm but not starving - just like Goldilocks!
1/2 of a No Pudge Fudge brownie

exercise
770 stairs
15 minutes of arm weights and sit-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment