Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day of hunger and craving

Today I was hungry most of the day and craving sweets all evening. Very difficult. I didn't eat enough breakfast, by accident, and then was starving for lunch by 11. I had a little extra food at lunch but it didn't make up for how hungry I was. I borrowed an apple from Emily so that I would have energy for my stairs, and ate my afternoon snack on top of that when I was done. I made dinner early and kind of guessed at portions sizes. I thought I was being tricky by mixing a trader Joe's Peruvian white rice mixture with plain cooked (fiber and protein-rich) lentils, but I think I ate a lot of points anyway.  I thought I totally overate, but perhaps I didn't eat enough as I was craving dessert like crazy. Very frustrating. Must go back to more careful measuring. Just when I thought I had the hang of things!!! I just want a big, filling, fattening meal right now, full of fat and sugar, and no measuring!!! Any why is my son awake? I put him to bed an hour ago! Must go act stern.

Food log
Breakfast
2 slices low-cal bread with one slice ham 
coffee with milk

mid-morning snack
handful Kashi Go Lean

lunch (at 11:45)
Salad with 3oz salmon, 1/2 cup lentils, 2 tbs dressing
1/4 cup dry oatmeal - eaten when still hungry after salad

afternoon snack 1
apple - begged co-worker for these
5 almonds - begged another co-worker for these

afternoon snack 2
90 cal Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean (obviously it's in my desk)

dinner
2.5 oz Korean beef 
3/4 cup Peruvian rice/lentil mix from TJs (really guessing here)

dessert 1
3 strawberries

dessert 2
10z fruit leather

exercise
770 stairs
100 push-ups from knees



No comments:

Post a Comment