Friday, February 27, 2009

Why do I have all these old clothes?

For some reason I have clothes from a really long time ago. I mean really long. In fact, for some reason, I have my junior prom dress in my closet. Not in the basement closet but in my room. That has to change. I was hesitant to throw perfectly good clothes away just because they didn't fit. What if one day they did? Well now lots of them do. I try them on each week, in lieu of a scale, and take an odd trip down memory lane. Of course, as most people could probably have predicted, even when the clothes do fit they don't look right. They're not cut quite right for this era, or they've been washed too many times, or they are itchy or something. I wish I'd thrown them all out years, even decades ago. I'm building a pile of clothes to bring to Good Will. I would like to throw them out because I don't like them, not because they're too small, but it really doesn't matter at this point. So now some clothes are too big, some fit perfectly, some are still too small, some I'm just sick of, and some are hopelessly out of style. What's a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment