Thursday, February 19, 2009

Much better day

I really think it's all about breakfast. I noticed that yesterday, when I ate too little at breakfast I couldn't ever really eat the right amount again for the rest of the day. Today, I brought a Greek yogurt to work, which I couldn't look at, as I've had so many of them, so I went down to the cafeteria and asked for 1 egg on 1 piece of all natural bread toast (yes they have such a thing at a government cafeteria). I didn't get into the butter with the woman making it and sure enough she put butter on the toast. Not a ton. I happily ate the slightly buttery concoction. It was beyond delicious, and best of all I wasn't hungry at all until lunchtime.

Lunch, snack and dinner were all the right size, I believe, although I was a bit confused about how much tilapia to eat. I guess not too much according to this article.

I've noticed that when I have a day like yesterday, where I feel like a total failure, hungry, not managing things well, slightly loony, then I tend to have a much more balanced day the next day. This is good as if I had many of those crazed days in a row I'd turn into a cranky monster. And today I even got two compliments from my husband - one a post on this blog and the other after dinner, "You look really different." Ummm...thanks?

food log
breakfast
coffee with milk
aforementioned toast with egg

lunch
salad with salmon
low-cal bread with laughing cow cheese spread (not so good on the Michael Pollan 'Eat real food' mantra but it's filling and cheesy!

afternoon snack
cottage cheese with carrots and tomatoes

dinner
tilapia with mustard sauce - embarrassingly store bought from TJs and fatty sauce -I scraped it off.
whole wheat pasta (stuffed into 1/2 cup measuring cup)
sauteed veggies

dessert
3 oz Oreo yogurt

exercise
770 stairs
arm/lat weights
sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment